- This event has passed.
Join us in the idyllic countryside of Hay-on-Wye for an enlightening weekend of debates, talks and workshops. Explore the intricacies of love and relationships in the digital age and discover how to make significant, lasting change in your life.
The meaning of love is changing. With the rise of dating apps and new technologies, connecting with others has never been easier. But whilst Tinder reached 50 million users last year, studies show that we are lonelier than ever.
Once, the study of love was deemed of vital importance, considered by Plato the greatest of all subjects. But modern philosophy has seen discourse on love fall largely by the wayside. What is it about the modern world that seems so hostile to love? With more advanced technology than ever, is it simply a matter of getting the data right? Or do we need to reclaim love from a world that seeks to demean it?
This iai event aims to reignite the discussion of love in the modern age. Uncovering the latest in neuroscience, psychology and philosophy you will discover:
– Cutting-edge research on love and its impact on the brain.
– How to navigate communication in a digital world.
– The secrets of making relationships stand the test of time.
– How technology is changing the meaning of intimacy.
– Why focussing on yourself might actually be the key to a successful relationship.