Job title: Freelance Media Sales Executive
Salary: £20,000 pro rata plus OTE
Hours: 7.5 hours a week
Reporting to: Gary Raymond and Ben Glover
Wales Arts Review is Wales’s premier arts and culture hub, offering news, reviews, and some of the best critical writing in Wales today. It is read by over 200,000 people in over 180 countries worldwide, and is the authoritative voice on the arts and culture of Wales.
Founded in March 2012, Wales Arts Review is a new media platform where a new generation of critics and arts lovers can meet to engage in a robust and inclusive discussion about books, theatre, film, music, the visual arts, politics, and the media. We believe that a vibrant arts scene is the expression of a confident, healthy and creative society.
We further assert that a flourishing and vigorous critical culture is vital to its sustenance and development. As such, we regard Wales Arts Review as an important building-block in the new outward-looking, forward thinking Wales.
We are recruiting for a Media Sales Executive, whose main duties are to drive advertising space sales on the Wales Arts Review website. Plus a significant part of the role will be to develop relationships with corporate partners for project specific sponsorship and partnerships. Since Wales Arts Review operates a virtual office you’ll be working remotely, therefore, there is plenty of scope to structure your workload flexibly.
● Locate and contact potential clients to offer Wales Arts Review’s advertising services
● Explain to clients how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible
● Provide clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services
● Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts
● Develop corporate relationships for potential project specific sponsorships
● Inform clients of available options for advertising art, formats, or features and provide samples of previous work for other clients
● Deliver advertising or illustration proofs to clients for approval
● Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, and media kits
● Recommend appropriate sizes and formats for advertising
● Working in a media sales executive related role for 2 years
● Experienced in developing client/customer relationships
● Comfortable when presenting to different audiences
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
● Highly organised, project management and planning to meet deadlines
● Detail orientated with high quality standards
● Motivated and energetic with a can-do attitude
● Being proactive to find solutions to any challenges that may occur
● Flexibility to fit with clients and your teams requirements
● Supporting the company culture, values and positioning
● MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Ben Glover (firstname.lastname@example.org), or if you have any further questions about the role.
Application deadline: Midday 16th September 2019 – CLOSED