Wales Arts Review is Wales’s premier arts and culture hub, offering news, reviews, and some of the best critical writing in Wales today. It is read by over 220,000 people in over 200 countries worldwide, and is the authoritative voice on the arts and culture of Wales.
Founded in March 2012, Wales Arts Review is a new media platform where a new generation of critics and arts lovers can meet to engage in a robust and inclusive discussion about books, theatre, film, music, the visual arts, politics, and the media. We believe that a vibrant arts scene is the expression of a confident, healthy and creative society.
We further assert that a flourishing and vigorous critical culture is vital to its sustenance and development. As such, we regard Wales Arts Review as an important building-block in the new outward-looking, forward thinking Wales.
We are looking for an Editor, with a good sense of what makes engaging content in the Welsh cultural and creative industries, to juggle all the moving parts of publications. You will plan, commission, coordinate, review and edit content.
The successful candidate will be able to decide which ideas should be pursued and which should get dropped in order to meet quality and accuracy standards. The goal is to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content.
- Coordinate online publishing cycle and manage content areas
- Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors
- Proofread, edit and improve stories or pieces
- Recruit and manage writers
- Cooperate and liaise with designers, writers, artists etc
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements
- Proven working experience working in a media environment
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
- Hands on experience with WordPress and other publishing tools
- Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
- Excellent written skills in English
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Prioritising and multitasking
- BA degree in English or in related field
Wales Arts Review aims to be a diverse and vibrant company and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, gender and race. We are looking for people with potential to demonstrate the key aspects of the role.
Job title: Editor of Wales Arts Review
Salary: Available on application
Hours: 10 hours a week
Reporting to: Gary Raymond and Ben Glover
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Ben Glover (firstname.lastname@example.org), or if you have any further questions about the role.
Application deadline: Midday 31st July 2022 – CLOSED